Join Us for the 2013 Movies Under the Stars!
What: Free family movies and fun! Presented by the Boise Public Schools Education Foundation and Boise City Parks & Recreation. Sponsored by Whole Foods Market and Huntington Learning Center, Boise – Park Center.
Where: Julia Davis Park at the Gene Harris Band Shell – 700 S Capitol Blvd.
When: 7:00pm – Free games and crafts for kids with the Boise City Parks & Recreation’s Mobile Recreation Unit, free face painting and music. Dusk – Movie begins!
JUNE 21 – Despicable Me 2
PG • 2013• 89 minutes • Universal Studios
Directors: Pierre Coffin & Chris Renaud Cast: Steve Carrell, Kristen Wiig, Benjamin Bratt, Miranda Cosgrove, Russell Brand3 • 98 Minutes • Sony Studios
While Gru, the ex-supervillain is adjusting to family life and an attempted honest living in the jam business, a secret Arctic laboratory is stolen. The Anti-Villain League decides it needs an insider’s help and recruits Gru in the investigation.
July 19 – Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters
PG • 2013• 106 minutes • 20th Century Fox
Director: Thor Freudenthal Cast: Logan Lerman, Alexandra Daddario, Douglas Smith, Leven Rambin, Brandon Jackson, Jake Abel
In order to restore their dying safe haven, the son of Poseidon and his friends embark on a quest to the Sea of Monsters to find the mythical Golden Fleece while trying to stop an ancient evil from rising.
August 17 – The Lego Movie
PG • 2014 • 100 minutes • Warner Bros
Directors: Phil Lord, Christopher Miller Cast: Will Arnett, Elizabeth Banks, Will Ferrell, Will Forte, Morgan Freeman
An ordinary LEGO minifigure, mistakenly thought to be the extraordinary MasterBuilder, is recruited to join a quest to stop an evil LEGO tyrant from gluing the universe together.
There is free parking in the park lots and additional free parking at the Library! lot after 6pm. Please don’t park on private property we would hate for your free experience to become an expensive one – if your car is towed.
Tips for a Perfect Movies Under the Stars Night Out
* Please DO NOT drop off your children or leave them unattended.
* Please leave your pets at home!
* Bring snacks from home or enjoy food from our vendors. There will be soda, water, hot dogs, hamburgers, popcorn and snow cones available for purchase.
* Lock your bicycles in designated bike racks. Please don’t lay your bike on the ground next to you; we are trying to allow as many people as possible to enjoy the movies.
* Don’t forget bug spray.
* Bring a flashlight. After the movie, there will be lighting around the band shell, but the green belt can be dark in places.
* Bring a blanket to wrap up in, it can get cold in the evening.
* Camp chairs are welcome, but will be asked to sit on the sides. Please be courteous to those around you.
* Trash cans and recycle bins will be available, please leave the park as clean as you found it.
* This is a DRUG-FREE family friendly event, NO alcohol and NO smoking please!